This host battle will surely keep you on the edge of your seats. It’s between two leading names in the field: SiteGround and InMotion. These two have an impeccable track record when it comes to performance and reliability. It will be tough to keep score as they are so equally matched. It will be interesting to see who takes the price.
- SiteGround starts at $3.95 per month
- SiteGround’s pricing stays the same whether you choose a 36 or 24 or 12-month payment terms.
- InMotion starts at $5.99 per month, billed for two years.
- Yearly billing is also available for a higher price
Even InMotion themselves admit that they are not one of the cheapest hosting providers out there so Siteground easily takes this round. How about value? Well, you will have to stay tuned and find out.
- SiteGround offers Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Enterprise Hosting.
- InMotion offers Business Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Reseller Hosting, and WordPress Hosting.
Whatever it is that InMotion offers, Siteground evenly matches. Hence, it’s a tie for this round.
SiteGround core features:
– SSD drives for all plans
– Enhanced performance with NGINX, HTTP/2, PHP7 and free CDN
– Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate with each account
– Over 3 million WordPress and Joomla updates every year
– Top LXC technology, automated monitoring, and daily backup
– 30-day money back guarantee
InMotion core features:
– Fast web hosting with free SSDs
– Free 1-click installer with 400+ applications
– Free cPanel for easy server management
– Free domain to get you started
– 24/7 phone and chat technical support
– 90-day money back guarantee for plans that are billed for 6 months and longer
– 30-day money back guarantee for dedicated servers and monthly billed plans
SiteGround and InMotion boast nothing but the best hardware that money can buy and only the latest technology there is. You can be sure that their servers, network infrastructure, and security are all top of the line and are updated regularly. SiteGround’s major edge in this department is the fact that they have five data centers on three continents. That fact dwarfs InMotion’s only two data centers in the East and West coasts of the US. With this in mind, this round is awarded to SiteGround.
- SiteGround has 24/7 support via phone, live chat, and ticket system.
- They also have webinars and tutorials available for self-help.
- InMotion has 24/7 phone and chat technical support
- They also have a knowledge base.
Both SiteGround and InMotion are more than willing to back up their services with excellent support. Phone and chat support are already more than enough, but SiteGround adds a little extra by providing a ticket support system as well. Tickets are really great for sending screenshots of errors and getting more into the detail of your concerns. SiteGround wins this round by having that option.
You cannot deny the reach of WordPress in website development. As web hosting providers, SiteGround and InMotion acknowledge the demand for WordPress hosting. However, one greatly rises above the other in terms of features and performance. SiteGround really takes WordPress hosting to heart. InMotion has a lot of catching up to do, especially because of the fact that Siteground is a recommended host by the WordPress people themselves. InMotion did not stand a chance on this round, it’s Siteground all the way.
InMotion put up a good fight, but this was SiteGround’s game from the get go. In almost every round, SiteGround was simply just a step or two ahead. InMotion by itself is already a stand out in the web hosting industry but SiteGround is just relentless in their quest for excellence. InMotion should learn a thing or two from SiteGround if they want to be better at their game.