- SiteGround starts at $3.95 per month
- SiteGround’s pricing stays the same whether you choose a 36 or 24 or 12-month payment terms.
- Bluehost starts at $2.95 per month for a 36 or 60-month payment term
- Bluehost’s pricing increases as the monthly payment term decreases
Bluehost is only cheaper if you want to make the commitment to staying with them for 36 or 60 months. You pay the same price for both if you choose the 24-month payment term, and SiteGround is cheaper when you choose the 12-month term. SiteGround also provides a trial month at the same price with a $14.95 setup fee. Because of their flexibility, SiteGround wins this round.
- SiteGround offers Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Enterprise Hosting.
- Bluehost offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and reseller hosting.
Both have comparable service offerings, so it’s a draw for round two.
SiteGround core features:
– SSD drives for all plans
– Enhanced performance with NGINX, HTTP/2, PHP7 and free CDN
– Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate with each account
– Over 3 million WordPress and Joomla updates every year
– Top LXC technology, automated monitoring, and daily backup
– 30-day money back guarantee
Bluehost core features:
– Unlimited disk storage
– Unlimited domain hosting
– Free domain
– Free drag-and-drop site builders
– A 30-day money back guarantee
SiteGround builds strong muscle by making sure to use cutting-edge technology and the best hardware there is. They have four data centers located in three continents that are equipped with a highly available network, redundant electrical system, and high-end physical security. That really packs a wallop considering that Bluehost only operates one data center. SiteGround wins this round with a one-two combination of speed and reliable uptime.
- SiteGround has 24/7 support via phone, live chat, and ticket system.
- Bluehost has 24/7 support via phone, live chat, and ticket system.
They are both evenly matched in the support department. It’s a tie for this round.
SiteGround and Bluehost are both featured on WordPress.org and are recommended as the best options for hosting a WordPress site. Below is a list of features that they offer for their WordPress Hosting plans:
– Free WP install
– WP auto-updater
– cPanel and SSH
– Free WP transfer
– WP-CLI available
– 24/7 WP support
– Free daily backup
– VPS power
– Advanced NGINX architecture
– Custom PHP-FPM configuration
– MOJO Marketplace.
– WordPress-centric controls
– SiteLock Security.
– Advanced CDN
– SiteLock WAF
Bluehost’s WordPress hosting is more powerful because it is built on their VPS platform. That also means that it’s much more expensive. SiteGround’s managed WordPress hosting has the same price as their basic shared hosting plan and is packed with so much vital features such as auto update and daily backup that Bluehost does not offer. Because they give you better value for your money, Siteground wins this round.
SiteGround is eight years younger than Bluehost but it sure has caught up to its senior. There is no question that Bluehost is an excellent provider, but SiteGround just seems to be a step ahead in almost every aspect. Although it wasn’t an easy victory, SiteGround wins this prizefight because of their reasonable pricing, highly advanced technology, and top-notch WordPress hosting.